The Corona virus is in NZ and you may be worried about how it could affect you, your family, or even your job.
Have you considered cancelling holidays or overseas travel? Tourist numbers have dropped significantly, flights cancelled or stopped at borders, affecting our travel industry and many other jobs as this will have a ripple effect. throughout the country.
Then there’s the media and politicians’ messages about terrorism, family violence, housing crisis, child poverty and climate change. Never mind the coming election, the blaming and accusations by media and politicians. How do you know who’s telling the truth?
No wonder many people are getting more and more anxious and stressed, and starting to panic buy.
The Coronavirus and other issues can have a negative effect, even mentally, on our stress levels. None of us are completely immune from outside influences. And these thoughts get stuck in our “head” and we can’t stop thinking about them over and over.
We get apprehensive which leads to tension and stress. This in turn can cause worry, interrupted sleep, headaches, sweating, fear, heart palpitations, panic attacks, anger and violence, dispair, and much more. It can affect your whole body.
It is vitally important for our health and wellbeing that we manage our own inner mind and thoughts, to be able to manage external stressors appropriately.
Here are some tips to help you to start making changes
- Small changes work best – one step at a time.
- Take good care yourself – make sure you get sufficient rest and leisure time, are all very important. It’s that work – life balance.
- Move your body – become more active, start or increase your exercise
- Prioritize – Before you go to sleep make a list what you need to do the next day and prioritize each one.
- Gratitude Journal – Every morning, preferable soon after waking, hand write out 5 things you are thankful for in your life. NOTE: I’ve just recently purchased some of these beautiful journals for myself and my granchildren. I wqill also buy more for Christmas presents. .
- Calm your mind – learn meditation or yoga. presents and am buying for
- Improve sleep – eat a small dinner, turn off devices 1 hour before sleep. A milky drink can aid sleep, as can a few drops of lavender oil near your pillow
- Get help – talk to a trusted friend or a therapist. And Hypnotherapy can really help.
Do you feel you can’t seem to stop thinking about it? Powerless to change?
If you’ve answered yes, maybe you feel you just react that way as you “can’t help yourself”? You get caught up in a situation that seems you can’t control. You may feel ineffectual, helpless or powerless of changing how you react. Stress can have this effect and the more stressed you are the worse it becomes. And it doesn’t matter how or why you feel that way, you’ve still got to manage yourself – your feelings, emptions and behaviour at work or home, with your relationships or study at university, school or other study. You still have to have to cope with everyday situations, along with life’s challenges. You’ve still got to carry on!
You can change how you respond to situations… By changing your thoughts, you can change your feelings which changes your actions (responces). You can change your life.
And as all of our thoughts, anxious or otherwise, come from our inner mind (subconscious) one of the bewst ways to lessen the impact of all this negative news is to learn how to control your thoughts and your “inner mind”! Learning techniques to manage negative thinking, etc.
That way, you CAN think more clearly, make better decisions, relax easily and quickly. sleep better, etc.
At Alpha Hypnosis, we offer a couple of options to assist you take charge of your mind…
- Free, 30 mins (no obligation) consultation to find out how hypnotherapy can assist you. Call us today on 09 – 8377 877
- One Day training Click on link to discover what you will learn: Discover How To Control Your Anxiety and Stress With Your Mind